Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Visa and Immunizations

Yeah! I got my Visa in the mail last Thursday and my travel immunizations are finally scheduled for Friday afternoon. I have to get a Yellow Fever injection, Typhoid oral medication and malaria precautionary drugs. That's a lot of stuff... If you are reading this, live in Atlanta, and need to visit the travel clinic, I suggest going to Fulton County Board of Health. DeKalb was impossible to get a hold of and a pain! Fulton County was so much more helpful, and from what I've heard, cheaper.

I'm getting really excited for my trip. I've finally completed all of my fundraiser letters and will be sending those out this weekend. It was a tough little project! I hope I get a good response! Our mission promises to be successful, and it will be such a great experience working with so many people from so many different backgrounds.

I was originally suppose to stay in the Heart Lodge with Julie, another volunteer from Boston, but we got moved to the Kenya Comfort Suites because the Heart Lodge was accidentally overbooked. I am somewhat disappointed, but, the Suites are a similar rate and most all the other volunteers are staying there.

Exciting news! The last day of our mission is now September 30, and I am flying back on October 2. The majority of the group is heading out for a 3 day/2 night safari, and I was unable to participate in that because of my flight. But now, Peter (our fearless administrator) is putting together a one day safari for October 1! I am very excited about this :) We won't be able to stay over night at a lodge, but at least I'll get a taste of the African safari!

I think that's all for now, thanks for stopping by!

Alexandra

No comments: