Wednesday, September 17, 2008

3 days and counting...

I can't believe it's almost here! I leave in only 3 days time. I picked up my malaria precautionary medication yesterday, and am finally almost done with my graduate school applications so I can get those in before I leave (I know, a small tangent, but, it's something that needs to get done before Saturday and it's leaving me in a bit of a panic).

In the past two days alone I have gotten $700.00 worth of donations! Unbelievable :) I can't wait to send out thank you notes with a great picture or on notes I buy in Kenya.

A special thanks to Derrick Lane, not only for sending me some mad cash, but for also calling in some meds for me today since I can't stop coughing. I really don't want to get on that plane when I'm sick, and my "awesome and strikingly handsome M.D." came to the rescue. (That quote is by him, I'll save it in my text inbox for proof :) haha) Not to mention, he's equipped me with a Z-Pak just in case. Thanks Derrick! It's a shame you can't join us, I'll try to bring some Kenyan beer back for you.

Any ways, it sounds like everyone is ready to rock and roll. Peter sent out an RSVP for whoever wants lunch every day catered by the Hilton. I heard Hilton, and that makes me think we'll be getting some decent grub.

I still haven't started packing yet, but never fear, my mom is on top of it. She called me not too long ago just to ask if I needed any batteries for my camera. I believe she's got everything nailed down to a mask to wear on the airplane and some extra sunscreen. I'm just responsible for my clothes, camera, list of people I need to buy stuff for, exam gloves (that can't be too hard, the box is still in my trunk!), bug repellent, iPod, make-up, you know, the usual.

I hope to post one more entry before I leave, but in case I don't, please do check back periodically! I do believe we will have access to the internet, and I plan to keep everyone updated on here. Leave me comments sil-vous-plait!

Ciao for now :)
Alexandra

No comments: