Friday, September 12, 2008

Back to the HEART...

Good morning!

Yesterday I met Sally and Barry to pick up several boxes of exam gloves. I've got a huge tupperware container of gloves in my trunk, about 45 pounds worth! Luckily, I can leave it in the tupperware and have that as my second piece of luggage to check on the airplane.

Sally mentioned to me a few choices I had on where I would be placed in Nairobi. I am interested in working with the HIV/AIDS educators, as well as shadowing Vickie Winkler, the founder of HEART. Because of this, Sally and Peter have been working the past 24 hours on getting me back into staying at the HEART lodge for the 2 weeks, so it will be much easier for me to go with Vickie on all her day trips. From what Sally told me, I will be joining Vickie in smaller communities and seeing how her organization works. I love the sound of that :)

My goal this weekend: Start on a list of things I need to bring. I also need to pick up my malaria precautionary medication at CVS, I called the Fulton County Board of Health on Tuesday to have them call my prescription in, and it should be ready today. I have to start taking it 2 days before I leave, while I am in Nairobi, and 7 days after I get back. I hope this one doesn't have much side effects...

Have a great weekend! 8 more days until I leave! :)

No comments: